- Navigate into a folder or subfolder and click Sync. No need to sync the entire document library.
- Change the folders that you’re syncing directly in the sync client.
- Realtime coauthoring is supported with Office 2016 (C2R build 16.0.7167.2xxx or MSI build 16.0.4432.100x).
The steps in this section describe how to set up team site sync. You need to follow these steps for each computer where you want to run team site sync using the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client.
The first step in getting started is to disconnect any SharePoint sites or Shared folders that are currently syncing with Groove.exe.
To disconnect libraries from Groove
- Right-click the Groove blue cloud in the Windows system tray, and then click Stop syncing a folder.
- Select the library you want to stop and then click Stop syncing.
Files and folders that are no longer syncing will remain on your PC under %userprofile%\SharePoint but will no longer be sync’ed to SharePoint.
The next step is to set up team site sync with the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client.
To set up team site sync using the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client
- Download and install the preview build of the OneDrive for Business Next Generation Sync Client.
- Download and open TeamSiteSyncPreview.reg to enable SharePoint document library sync.
- Restart the sync client:
- Right-click the Blue cloud icon in your system tray and click Exit.
- Search for “OneDrive” in the Start menu and choose OneDrive Desktop app.
Once you’ve installed the sync client, you’re ready to sync files. There are two ways to do this:
- Sync the entire library If you go to a SharePoint site and click Documents, you can sync the entire document library by clicking Sync.
- Sync only the files and folders that you want You can navigate to specific subfolders within a document library and click Sync to sync just those files and folders.
To sync libraries and folders
- On the Office 365 app launcher, choose SharePoint.
- Click the site that you want to sync.
- Click Documents or navigate to the subfolder that you want to sync.
- Click Sync, and then choose Sync now.
- If your browser requests permission to use “Microsoft OneDrive,” confirm that this is okay.
- Choose the sites that you want to sync, and then click Start sync.
SharePoint team sites sync under a folder with your tenant name. This folder is automatically added to the left navigation pane in Windows file explorer.
Manage your syncing sites
You can manage your syncing sites in the sync client settings. Open Settings by right clicking on the blue cloud icon in your system tray and selecting Settings. Click the Account tab to see a list of all your syncing sites.
If you want to change the folders that you’re syncing, click Choose folders for that library, and then choose the folders that you want to sync.
To stop syncing a site, click Stop sync next to the site. (Copies of the files remain on your computer. You can delete them if you want.)